This delicious and easy to make quick bread has all the flavors of fall and is just in time for Thanksgiving!
Cranberry Orange Nut Bread
Serves: 1 Loaf
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup apple cider
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Butter, or spray with a non stick vegetable spray, one - 9 by 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Separately beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and apple cider.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake the bread for about 55 - 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes before removing bread from pan.
- Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator or else freeze for later use.